When building your CRF, all structural elements: visit - form - element (question) - code list and codelist items require a unique code.
This code is used in the study's data exports.
This code is either automatically assigned by the system (1) or chosen by the user that creates the CRF (2).
1. System codes:edc2go creates codes in a consecutive order:
- V1, V2, V3,.. form visits
- F1, F2, F3,.. for forms (independent of the visit the form is located in)
- Q1, Q2, Q3,..
for questions (independent of the form/visit the question is located in)
- CL1, CL2,... for code lists
(independent of the form/visit the question is located in)
- CLI1, CLI2, ...
for code list items (independent of the form/visit the question is located in)
2. Custom codes:When creating the structural elements of your CRF, you can assign custom codes.
Visit and Form:
specify the applicable code in the Visit code and Form code box. You can assign the code upon creation or overwrite the system created code after creation.
Specify the applicable code in the Question code box within the element settings. You can assign the code upon creation or overwrite the system created code afterwards.
Code list and code list item
Specify the applicable codes in the Codelist ID and Code box within the Codelist Settings (click the gear icon next to the question). You can assign the code upon creation or overwrite the system created code afterwards.
- Codes are unique within a study. In case you assign a code that is already in use, you will receive an error message.
- If you delete a visit/form/question/codelist during design or in a new CRF version: the assigned codes (both system and custom) remain known in the database for that study. These codes can not be re-used.
VisibilityAll annotations are by default visible in the CRF designer (back end). In case you do not wish to see these, simply un-check the 'Show annotations' checkbox.
Annotations are never visible for the end user (front end - Patient navigator), except in the exports.