Front endIf you specify a question as 'required', edc2go will trigger a query upon form save if this question was not answered.
Required questions are indicated with a red colored asterisk * on the right hand side of the question.
at this point, you can either:
- Save the form with open query(ies).
- Cancel the save action and go back to the form to complete the required question(s).
Design: Set-up required field
- Make sure that your CRF has status 'Design'.
- Go to your design area via My Studies --> CRF.
- Go to the applicable visit and form and click the '+ Add validation rule' button on the right hand side of the applicable question:
on the left hand side of the window is the list of all available validation rules of that particular element type:
Each element type has its own set of validation rules. To see an overview of possible validation rules per element type, check out this article.
- Check the box in front of the 'Required field' validation rule.
- The query text is present by default as:"This is a required field, please enter data". You can update this text as applicable for your question.
- Click the Save button.
- The question now has the red asterisk to indicate the required status.
- the '+Add validation rule' button is now displayed as 'Required' but the button is still functional. Click this button to edit the validation rule(s) for this question.