1. Element settings
- Question text: this is the text as it will be displayed for the end user.
- Question text size: the space that will be foreseen for the question text in the form layout . You can choose between 'small', 'medium' and 'large'.
- Question code: this is the unique ID of the question. Each element of a form is specified in the data exports with their question code. You can specify your own question code or choose to have the system assign a code. edc2go assigns codes in consecutive order per created element (independent on form or visit).
- Date and time: specify if the field should capture a date, a time or both
- Allow unknown dates: check this box in case you allow that for this field, and unknown day and/or month can be entered.
- Sub-question: check this box to enable this question in the eCRF form based on the answer to another (parent) question. For more info, check out this article.
- Help text: in case you wish to add extra information for the end user, you can specify this in the help text field. The help text will be visible for the end user behind a '?' icon next to the question.
Check out this article to learn more about adding validation rules to your questions.