1. Element settings
- Question text: this is the text as it will be displayed for the end user.
- Question text size: the space that will be foreseen for the question text in the form lay out . You can choose between 'small', 'medium' and 'large'.
- Question code: this is the unique ID of the question. Each element of a form is specified in the data exports with their Question code. You can specify your own question code or choose to have the system assign a code. edc2go assigns codes in consecutive order per created element (independent on form or visit).
- Field size: this is the size of the data entry field. You can choose between 'small', 'medium' and 'large'.
Note that field size is a visual indication. This setting does not affect the maximum allowed number of characters in the field. You can however, limit the number of characters used in a field by defining the text length in the validation rules for a field.
- Unit label: check this box in case you need to define a label for your question and enter the required label in the textbox on the right hand side. (this option is only available for single line text)
- Default value: use this field to specify a default value for this field. Note that this value can be overwritten by data entry.
- Help text: in case you wish to add extra information for the end user, you can specify this in the help text field. The help text will be visible for the end user behind a '?' icon next to the question.
Check out this article to learn more about adding validation rules to your questions.