- Your export will appear as a ZIP file, make sure you have a good unzip program installed (eg. 7-zip)
- after download, right click on the ZIP file and choose the 'Extract All..' option from the drop down menu.
- An export file is created for each CRF form (AE, DEMO, DOV_BL, LB, ...), as well as a form status file and legend file.
- Export files are in csv format (comma separated values). You can open these with Excel or in case of a SAS export with the applicable SAS software.
- With Excel, you must make sure to correctly import the csv files before moving the export data to columns in Excel.
- There are several ways to do this, the guide below describes one of the most common approaches:
- open an empty Excel document and click the 'Data' tab in the top menu bar.
- Click 'From other Sources'
NOTE: at this point, it is also possible to choose 'From Text'. For this option, you must first open a csv file from the unzipped export file and copy/paste all content into (for example) a notepad file. After choosing 'From text', you can browse to and select the applicable text file.
- In the displayed window, click the 'Browse for More' button.
- Browse to the (unzipped!) export file.
- Click on the applicable file.
- Follow the Excel Wizard as indicated in the screenshots below:
- Your Excel file should look like this now:
The legend file (format Legend_yourstudy.csv) provides all information about your study structure, question labels and codelists: